IMMEDIATE OPENING- Psychiatric Nurse
COMPETITIVE PAY /EXCELLENT BENEFITS/SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE
Psychiatric Nurse Job Summary
Our Behavioral Health Unit (BHU) is looking for a Psychiatric Nurse to join our inpatient care team. In this role, you provide care to our patients and support to their families. Common tasks include transcribing doctor’s orders, reviewing charts, and administering medications or treatments. You also document any noticeable changes to patient behavior or health. Applicants should have a valid RN or LPN license and some specialized education or experience working with mental health patients is a plus but will train. In this area, a certification for management of assaultive behaviors and de-escalation is particularly helpful. We will SAFE train for this need.
Psychiatric Nurse Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide care to psychiatric patients.
- Provide psychological support to patients and their families.
- Transcribe doctor’s orders, review charts.
- Administer psychiatric medications or treatments as directed.
- Monitor patient progress and document changes to behavior or health.
- Spend 1:1 time with each individual patient to get better understanding of their mental state of mind each shift.
- Collaborating with staff on psychiatric intervention plans
- Conducting targeted psychoeducation, particularly with families and charting it
- Restraining, consoling and sometimes medicating highly unsettled or escalating behaviors in patients.
- Monitoring and removing potentially harmful and triggering environmental features.
Psychiatric Nurse Requirements and Qualifications
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in nursing
- State RN or LPN license
- Basic Life Support/ACLS certification
- Certification in de-escalation techniques is a plus, but we will train.
- Experience in an inpatient psychiatric setting is preferred.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Mental Health and various illnesses with a willingness to expand knowledge.
- Familiarity with cultural perceptions about psychiatric difficulties
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Resilience, immense empathy, and resolution a must
- Team player, respectful, dependable, positive attitude and self-control of own emotions
- Superb interpersonal and collaboration abilities
We currently have two nightshift positions available.
We have set schedule for these positions.
RN’s 30.00-35.00/hour with 3.00 shift differential. Hourly wage to commiserate with experience.
LPN’s 22.00-27.00/hour with 2.00 shift differential. Hourly wage to commiserate with experience.
Sign on Bonus is available.