Chambers Memorial Hospital has an opening for Swingbed Coordinator. The applicant will perform utilization review, patient care coordination, and disscharge planning in accordance with all Federal and State regulatory requirements related to skilled nursing swing bed criteria in a hospital setting. Assure and maintain compliance with regulatory changes affecting utilization and patient care management. Responsible and accountable for the care management of all swing bed patients to facilitate efficient, cost effective, quality care, including appropriate utilization of resources, proactive discharge, planning and continuity of care, multidisciplinary team approach and patient advocacy. Will act as the primary agent on the multidisciplinary care team to facilitate the referral intake process by providing timely dissemination and communication of patient referral records to multidisciplinary care team review and acceptance process. Responsible for formulating a discharge plan for each patient from the point of swing bed admission through final transition of care, including post hospital follow up. Additional duties as assigned to the job and deemed necessary to perform task. In addition, the job entails the utilization review, approval process and patient care coordination related to the infusions therapy program.
- Current RN licensure in state of Arkansas and must remain active with all licensure requirements on an annual basis is required.
- BSN Degree preferred
- Prefer at least a minimum of two (2) years experience in an acute or subacute medical surgical or long-term care clinical role with 1-2 years of case management experience in health care environment.
- Current BLS certification is required.
- Basic computer knowledge, highly developed organizational skills
- Knowledge of criteria for Medicare, Medicaid, and all third-party payor sources for swingbed admission
- Knowledge of InterQual criteria for admission and continued stay requirements preferred.
- Must demonstrate positive and respectful attitude.
- Ability to lead and facilitate process improvement
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $24.00 – $30.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance