Chambers Memorial Hospital is actively recruiting an experienced Psychiatric Nurse Manager for its 12-bed In-patient Psychiatric Program. This position will work to provide an environment for effective relationship-based nursing care and to ensure that the department consistently provides high-quality care with positive patient outcomes.
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies, procedures, and standards of care.
- Promotes, develops, and evaluates processes, and systems for patient care and satisfaction to recommend and integrate appropriate changes.
- Ensures compliance with hospital, state, federal, and licensing agency regulatory standards.
- Collaborates with multiple disciplines in maintaining the quality of care by communicating with ancillary departments, medical staff, etc. Acts as a role model regarding collaboration and partnerships with physicians and other departments.
- Ensures effective recruitment, hiring, staffing, retention, corrective action, and competency assessment for employees in assigned departments. Conducts performance appraisals.
- Leads and/or participates in Quality Improvement (QI) groups, and other multidisciplinary meetings. Works with nursing and medical staff to determine the quality indicators and organizes efforts to continually improve that quality.
- Collaborates with community health organizations to enhance the hospital’s community presence.
- Active Arkansas RN licensure in good standing.
- BLS certification from American Heart Association (AHA), American Red Cross (ARC), or Canadian equivalent.
- Relevant experience in the care of the mentally ill and supervision of paraprofessional staff; assessment, planning, provision, and evaluation of psychiatric nursing care to patients.
- Experience with medication teaching, management of the therapeutic milieu and providing mandatory, and voluntary in-service training to all staff.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to develop and implement improved methods of care delivery, policies and procedures and educational/clinical programs appropriate to the needs of the staff, patient, and community.
- Evaluate nursing practice outcomes and resolve technical and/or managerial issues.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with diverse groups.