The Mental Health Tech (Aides/Certified Aides) will assume responsibility and accountability for providing support services to ensure continuity of care and help to meet the department goals as directed by the health care team. The Mental Health Tech will perform patient care activities in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients. They will assist patients with personal hygiene, nutrition, elimination, skin care, use of equipment and other clinical and administrative tasks which are delegated and assigned. The Mental Health Tech will perform delegated support functions and patient care duties that are within the scope of practice for unlicensed assistive personnel. The Mental Health Tech will demonstrate a commitment to teamwork through effective collaboration efforts.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent or higher education
- Basic keyboarding skills, preferred.
- Clinical experience or CNA preferred but will train.
- Prior to independence from preceptor successful completion of:
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers
- Point of Care Testing Equipment Orientation
- Crisis Prevention and Intervention/SAFE in 90 days for designated areas
JOB PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Practices according to safety and infection control policies.
- Initiates and follows established standards in emergency situation.
- Completes required competencies related to safety, emergency situations and communication as directed by Nursing Director/Manager and/or Hospital policy.
- Maintains confidentiality in matters relating to patient, family and staff.
- Participates in performance improvement activities as directed.
- Participates in multi-disciplinary approach to patient care.
- Communicates with others in a positive manner.
- Perform delegated tasks.
- Completes designated duties before end of shift.
- Fosters positive internal and external customer relations.
- Employs time management skills to assist unit team in completion of duties.
- Demonstrates commitment to the nursing and hospital mission.
- Assists with orientation of new employees.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Positive work ethics.
- Basic understanding of Mental Illness and willingness to learn and grow in this area.
We currently have two dayshift positions and one night shift position available.
Mental Health Tech/Certified Nursing Aide/Nurse aide pay scale 12.00-14.00/hour. Wage to commiserate with experience and certifications.
Nightshift differential given for the night position.