IMMEDIATE OPENING – Medical/Surgical RN
COMPETITIVE PAY /EXCELLENT BENEFITS/SIGN-ON BONUS AVAILABLE
RN’s 26.00-36.00/hour with 3.00 shift differential – Hourly wage commensurate with experience.
- Acute Care
- Day Shift
- Night Shift
- 401 (k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Free parking
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid sick time
- Referral program
- Potential tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Job Summary: Provides direct and indirect patient care. Communicates with physicians/Nurse Manager/co-workers, as appropriate about changes in patient’s clinical condition including results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Additionally, is able to perform general nursing duties in all departments with adequate supervision.
Demonstrates Competency in the Following Areas:
- Ability to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients and reassessments as per policy. This includes: pediatric, geriatric and the general patient population.
- Ability to adequately assess and reassess pain. Utilizes appropriate pain management techniques. Educates the patient and family regarding pain management.
- Knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient and their clinical condition.
- Demonstrates an ability to assist physicians with procedures and performs services requiring technical and manual skills.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family and involves patient/family in the formation of the plan of care.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Supports and maintains a culture of safety and quality.
- Identifies and addresses psychosocial needs of patients and family; communicates with Social Service/Discharge Planner regarding both in hospital and post discharge needs
- Completes annual education requirements.
- Always maintains and ensures patient confidentiality.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled, completes work within designated time.
- Attends annual review and department in-services, as scheduled.
- Attends 12 staff meetings annually or reads and returns monthly staff meeting minutes.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current state Registered Nurse Licensure, within state of practice.
- Current RN licensure within the state of Arkansas
- Current BLS certification.