Our Occupational Therapists at Chambers Memorial Hospital provide evaluation and treatment for all ages. They all hold degrees in occupational therapy and are licensed by the State of Arkansas. Our occupational therapists specialize in the shoulder to hand region, along with activities of daily living.
Chambers Memorial Hospital offers complete occupational therapy inpatient and outpatient services as well as providing therapy through Chambers Memorial Hospital Home Health.
Occupational Therapy is available to you through our facility by physician referral. Our outpatient therapy clinic is open from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.
We would be glad to assist with all your occupational therapy needs.
Occupational Therapy is skilled treatment that helps individuals achieve independence in all facets of their lives. Occupational Therapy assists people in developing the "skills for the job of living" necessary for independent and satisfying lives. Services typically include:
- Customized treatment programs to improve one's ability to perform daily activities
- Comprehensive home and job site evaluations with adaptation recommendations
- Performance skills assessments and treatment
- Adaptive equipment recommendations and usage training
- Guidance to family members and caregivers
Some of the health conditions that benefit from occupational therapy include:
- Limitations following a stroke or heart attack
- Arthritis, multiple sclerosis, or other serious chronic conditions
- Birth injuries, learning problems, or developmental disabilities
- Burns, spinal cord injuries, or amputations
- Broken bones or other injuries from falls, sports injuries, or accidents.